[ltp] Hibernate on Thinkpad T21 with Win2k + RH71

Byeong-ryeol Kim linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 06:17:22 +0900 (KST)

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Markus Alt wrote:
> So it seems like RH 7.1 uses ACPI (which is still considered to be
> experimental according to the kernel sources' documentation) by default
> - instead of APM which was the default under kernel version 2.2 and is
> still used by e.g. by SuSE 7.1 with the 2.4 kernel. ACPI does not
> require a separate hibernation partition while APM does.

Just FYI.
ACPI functions are disabled in the kernel of RH 7.1 or Rawhide.
As far as I know, ACPI in linux kernel currently doesn't work well.

--
   Where there is a will, there is a way.            jinbo21@hananet.net
     For the future of you and me!                   jinbo21@hitel.net