[ltp] Re: Hibernate on Thinkpad T21 with Win2k + RH71

Dong Liu linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 04 Jun 2001 21:55:04 -0400

Alan Shutko wrote:

> Markus Alt <altmark@de.ibm.com> writes:
>

>>So it seems like RH 7.1 uses ACPI (which is still considered to be
>>experimental according to the kernel sources' documentation) by
>>default
>>

> I doubt it.  ACPI on Linux doesn't support suspend yet.
>
> It probably just uses APM, which doesn't need a separate partition on
> a Win98 preload because it uses a file in the Win98 partition.

I assume that the win98 partition is FAT32. So the BIOS can actually use
a hibernation file on FAT32 partition. But speaking from my own experience,
phdisk.exe from the hibernation utilities diskette can work on a FAT16 partition.

Dong