[ltp] Switch off display automatically?

Vivek Dasmohapatra linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 00:39:42 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Tilmann Singer wrote:

> On my A20p running X 4.0.3 (ATI Rage 128 Mobility LF graphic card) i
> see this line in the xfree log:
>
> (WW) R128(0): Option "DPMS" is not used

As I mentioned, I also have an A20p: I do not see any mention of DPMS in
my XF86Config-4, and I see the following in my XFree86.0.l9og:

(II) Loading extension XFree86-Misc
(II) Loading extension DPMS
(II) Loading extension FontCache

And in my xdpyinfo output:

keycode range:    minimum 8, maximum 255
focus:  window 0x140000e, revert to Parent
number of extensions:    30
    BIG-REQUESTS
    DOUBLE-BUFFER
    DPMS
    Extended-Visual-Information
    FontCache

lspci reports:

ATI Technologies Inc Mobility M3 AGP 2x (rev 02)

and XFree86 4.0.3 says:

ATI Rage 128 Mobility LF rev 2

All of which leads me to believe that the warning is just telling you that
your "Option DPMS" line isn't having an effect, one way or another...
Indeed, there is no 'Option DPMS' mentioned in the r128 manpage.

--
"I like work ... I can sit and watch it for hours."