[ltp] Switch off display automatically?

Byeong-ryeol Kim linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 10:10:13 +0900 (KST)

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Vivek Dasmohapatra wrote:
> > (WW) R128(0): Option "DPMS" is not used
>
> As I mentioned, I also have an A20p: I do not see any mention of DPMS in
> my XF86Config-4, and I see the following in my XFree86.0.l9og:
>
> (II) Loading extension XFree86-Misc
> (II) Loading extension DPMS
> (II) Loading extension FontCache
>
> And in my xdpyinfo output:
>
> keycode range:    minimum 8, maximum 255
> focus:  window 0x140000e, revert to Parent
> number of extensions:    30
>     BIG-REQUESTS
>     DOUBLE-BUFFER
>     DPMS
>     Extended-Visual-Information
>     FontCache
>
> lspci reports:
>
> ATI Technologies Inc Mobility M3 AGP 2x (rev 02)
>
> and XFree86 4.0.3 says:
>
> ATI Rage 128 Mobility LF rev 2
>
> All of which leads me to believe that the warning is just telling you that
> your "Option DPMS" line isn't having an effect, one way or another...
> Indeed, there is no 'Option DPMS' mentioned in the r128 manpage.

If you would use 'Option DPMS "ON"', the warnig above would disappear
and DPMS should work correctly on DPMS-supported hardwares.
This is mentioned in 'XF86Config' manpage, but merely as 'Option DPMS',
so it is somewhat contradictive.

--
   Where there is a will, there is a way.            jinbo21@hananet.net
     For the future of you and me!                   jinbo21@hitel.net