[ltp] New thinkpad advice wanted

Sat, 09 Jun 2001 13:18:59 -0400

I've been running on a succession of TP600 models, and now I'm thinking of
getting a new machine. I'm interested in advice on the new models, specifically:

	are there any incompatabilities between Linux and the internal modem
	on the T22 series

	are there any incompatabilities between Linux and the internal network
	adapter on the T22 series

	are there any incompatabilities between Linux and the graphics system
	on the T22 series, are there X drivers to take advantage of the
	S3 Savage IX8+ chipset

	has anyone used the integrated CD-RW/DVD drive under Linux

Can anyone comment on whether the difference in performance from 800MHz->
900MHz->1GHz is worth the increased cost and decreased battery life?

Thanks,

Mark