[ltp] Ethernet card problem on a i1452, RH 7.1

Neil Jerram linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
13 Jun 2001 19:12:23 +0100

    John> Greetings!

    John> I've just put RH 7.1 on a Thinkpad iSeries 1452; the sound
    John> card works, the whole thing looks great; I'm having a
    John> problem with my ether net card though.=A0 I see the lights
    John> flashing on the Dongle, and I put the right proxy
    John> information in=A0my browser, but I can't see the internet.

What exactly do you mean by "can't see the internet"?

Does it work to...

- "ping 127.0.0.1" ?

- "ping localhost" ?

- ping a locally connected computer by its IP address (e.g. "ping
  192.168.1.2") ?

- ping a locally connected computer by its name (e.g. "ping
  walrus.mydomain.com") ?

etc. ...

    John> rp3 1.1.0 runs in my tray down at the bottom,=A0 with=A0 "0:01=A0
    John> 30B","0:01=A0 20B","0:01=A0130B","0:01=A0 243B" painting quietly
    John> in a small window beside a tiny usage type graph.

The non-zero numbers here suggest that something is flowing through
eth0, so the drivers are basically working; hence my question above.

Regards,
        Neil