[ltp] Ethernet card problem on a i1452, RH 7.1

Jones, John linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:48:38 -0700

Neil,
Thanks so much for the diagnostic help.

> What exactly do you mean by "can't see the internet"?
The browser never finds websites I give it.

> Does it work to...
>
> - "ping 127.0.0.1" ?
I can do this.

> - "ping localhost" ?
I can do this.

> - ping a locally connected computer by its IP address (e.g. "ping
>   192.168.1.2") ?
I can do this!

> - ping a locally connected computer by its name (e.g. "ping
>   walrus.mydomain.com") ?
I can do this to machines locally on the same NT Domain.

So evidently the driver is working, the card is working; I need to configure
something?  Thanks for helping the blind.