[ltp] Ethernet card problem on a i1452, RH 7.1

Ravi Pratap M linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 19:59:35 +0530 (IST)

John,

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Jones, John wrote:

> correctly driven.  I can evidently see machines in the local network.

	Good. Now, again, is your proxy machine on the local network ? You
probably need a gateway to reach it.

> These are things I don't know how to set up.  What utility would I use?
> Does anyone know?

	Well you could use linuxconf and configure your eth0 interface but
wait...there is no linuxconf on my RH 7.1 system !

	Anyway, you could alternatively use netcfg or even netconf.

	You could also tweak the configuration files manually. To
configure the eth0 interface, play with :

	and set the necessary parameters.

> Where is this program located?  Any idea?

	It's in /sbin.

> Thanks so much for the help.

	Anytime, John :-)

	Regards,

		Ravi

--
"If you're smart, you'll be humble. There always is somebody
who hasn't read a book and knows twice as much as you do."

              -- David Duchonvy in Readers' Digest

	Ravi Pratap M         <ravi@che.iitm.ac.in>
                      <http://www.iitm.ac.in/~ravi>