[ltp] Ethernet card problem on a i1452, RH 7.1

Jones, John linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:53:13 -0700

Ravi,
Thanks for the reply.  From Neil's post, I believe my card is OK, and
correctly driven.  I can evidently see machines in the local network.

> 	Hmm, maybe you need to set some network parameters like netmask,
> gateway etc ?
These are things I don't know how to set up.  What utility would I use?
Does anyone know?

> 	It would help to see the output of :
>
> 	# ifconfig -a
>
> 	Do you see the eth0 interface ?

I try ifconfig -a at the command line and get nothing.  I have a disturbing
feeling that there are major directory paths that should be in my .bash_rc
file.
Where is this program located?  Any idea?

Thanks so much for the help.
john