[ltp] Thanks!

Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:15:59 +0300

Dear all,

many many thanks for the vast amount of useful informatioin sent over this
list over the past few months.

Unfortunately time hascome to return my Thinkpad 600 back to Windows :(  but
at least my nice fast desktop now runs Linux instead :)

Just to let you know a success story...my TP600 with 228Mb RAM nd 9Gb disk
ran Linux perfectly. X worked at 1024x768, PCMCIA worked flawlessly, I never
tried
the IR port or internal modem. We worked with the 2.2.16 and 2.2.18 kernels
and for those moments that I needed to run WIndows, VMWare did the job of
running NT4 without problem.

An just to show the versatity, I once did quite a neat presentation. NT
(under
VMware) running Exceed displaying windows from the host Linux operating
system
and Solaris  x86 v7 (also running under VMware) on the same machine... :)

Anyway, long may all this continue and keep up the good work!

regards

Ian Oliver
Nokia Research Center
Finland