[ltp] How to unlock modifier keys?

Felix E. Klee linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:59:26 +0200

Hi,

sometimes while running LINUX on my Thinkpad i1267 it suddenly happens
that a certain modifier key is locked. For example, a couple of minutes
ago the alt key was locked and I somehow managed to get it unlocked by
switching to the console and arbitrarily hitting many keys. Is there a
way to enable such a lock on a Thinkpad (and hopefully disable it) or is
this a bug in the Thinkpad hardware or LINUX (I don't know if the same
thing happens in Windows because I only use it rarely)? Also, is this a
known problem?

TIA,

Felix