[ltp] MWAVE on thinkpad 600e

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:38:24 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, aquanes wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I tried for the past 2 weeks to install Redhat7.1 on my Thinkpad 600e.
> Thanks to the excellent Thomas Hood's tutorial and this mail list, I
> have been able to setup the sound, PCMCIA, APM, etc... everything except
> the modem. So I decided to reinstall Redhat and to focus only on the
> modem, but no more luck.
>
> Here is what I get:
> in my /var/log/messages: (enclosed below as well as my kernel 2.4.4
> config file).
>
> Jun 21 17:51:33 localhost mwavem: mwmipc1::mwmIPC1InterruptHandler,
> ERROR usControlStat 0 (setting to 4)
This isn't necessarily an error which would stop the modem from working...
Are you setting up the serial port with setserial??  I would recommend
using the mwaved startup script that comes with the source to start your
modem...

The easiest way to test your modem is to use minicom and try to
dial out via 'ATDT###-####' where ###-#### is the number you wish to dial
to...  If that works, you should be able to set up ppp...

--

Paul B Schroeder
paulsch@haywired.net