[ltp] ultrabay how recognize it on linux??

Tino Keitel linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 10:36:02 +0100

On Thursday,  8. March 2001 02:17, Thomas Hood wrote:
> I played with this, the only way I could get Linux to recognize
> the floppy drive *ever* was to boot with the floppy drive
> installed in the bay.  That done, I could (in suspend) remove the
> floppy drive and install the CD-ROM drive, (after resume) register
> the secondary ide interface using "hdparm -R", and access the
> CD-ROM drive.  I could switch back and forth between floppy and
> CD-ROM.  However I found that if I didn't unregister the secondary
> ide interface while using the floppy, I would get errors in the
> syslog; whereas if I did unregister it then I got kernel panics.

On my 765L I compiled the floppy driver as a module and boot with the CD-ROM
drive. Now I can warm swap in suspend mode without any errors. I don't use
hdparm to register/unregister the ide interface because my hdparm seems to be
too old (Version 3.6). My CD-ROM is 'hdb'. I don't use any boot parameters.
The only thing I did was a 'ps2.exe fdd internal' because it was set to
'external'.

Tino