[ltp] 600X - IRQ Conflicts

Matthew Turner linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:10:42 -0500

Contents of CONFIG.OPTS:
#
# Local PCMCIA Configuration File
#
# System resources available for PCMCIA devices
#
include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0x1000-0x17ff
include memory 0xc0000-0xfffff
include memory 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff, memory 0x60000000-0x60ffffff
#
# Extra port range for IBM Token Ring
#
include port 0xa00-0xaff
#
# Resources we should not use, even if they appear to be available
#
# First built-in serial port
# exclude irq 4
# exclude irq 5
# exclude irq 9
exclude irq 11
# Second built-in serial port
# exclude irq 3
# First built-in parallel port
# PS/2 Mouse controller port, comment this out if you don't have a PS/2
# based mouse
# exclude irq 12
#
# Examples of options for loadable modules
#
# To fix sluggish network with IBM ethernet adapter...
#module "pcnet_cs" opts "mem_speed=600"
#
# Options for Xircom Netwave driver...
#module "netwave_cs" opts "domain=0x100 scramble_key=0x0"
#
# Options for IBM Token Ring adapters
module "ibmtr_cs" opts "mmiobase=0xd4000 srambase=0xd8000"

Contents of MODULE.CONF:
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
alias tr0 pcmcia
alias sound-slot-0 cs46xx

Contents of INTERRUPTS file:
           CPU0
  0:      14629          XT-PIC  timer
  1:        119          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
 11:        611          XT-PIC  cs461x, i82365
 12:       3136          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 13:          1          XT-PIC  fpu
 14:     134091          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:        428          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0

Thanks

Matthew Turner
Manager, Information Planning and Operations
ibm.com Centers, Americas

1500 Riveredge Pkwy, Atl. GA 30328
Office 770-858-5665 Pager 1-800-759-8352 (2612322) Fax 770-659-5302
IBM Customer Website:http://www.ibm.com

----- Forwarded by Matthew Turner/Atlanta/IBM on 03/28/2001 09:08 AM -----

                    Matthew Turner
                                         To:     linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
                    03/28/2001           cc:
                    08:45 AM             From:   Matthew Turner/Atlanta/IBM@IBMUS
                                         Subject:     Re: [ltp] 600X - IRQ Conflicts(Document link:
                                         Matthew Turner)

I have run PS2.EXE as well as the Thinkpad Configurator and
removed/disabled some devices to free up IRQs. I am now not even convinced
it is a IRQ conflict...how can I confirm where the bottleneck is. My error
still reads unexpected interrupt from tr0...I've excluded the sound IRQ in
config.opts, tried assigning an IRQ to the PCMCIA module in
module.conf...all is failing. The card is recognized and does insert (used
CARDCTL) but just cannot get the IRQ it appears.

Thanks