[ltp] Re: X crashes on A20m?

Vivek Dasmohapatra linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 9 May 2001 00:08:55 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Alan Shutko wrote:

> Vivek Dasmohapatra <vivek@etla.org> writes:
>
> > I have an A20p, which I've run with L-2.2.18/X-4.0.1 and
> > L-2.4.3/X-4.0.3 -
>
> The A20m and A20p have completely different video chipsets, which use
> different X drivers.  (They use the same driver name in 4.0.3, but
> different code paths.)

I guessed that might be the case - I just thought that using the fb
console might work around the problem [It's not a fix, but it got me a
working console/X setup in X-4.0.1] - Just mentioned my hardware to make
sure I wasn't misleading anyone wrt to what hardware I had working.

--
"Aren't you ashamed of yourself?"
"No, I have people to do that for me."