[ltp] TV output on A20p

John L Clarke III linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 30 May 2001 15:34:23 -0700

[note: this is a win2k specific issue I"m talking about - however there are
elements of hardware restrictions that I haven't been able to pin down yet.]

The problem with the left half showing bugged the hell out of me for a
while. (have an A20P)

Turns out, after repeated calls with IBM, that the driver for the video will
drop back to the default for the LCD (60 hz) no matter what you do - so , if
you try to run it at your monitor's rate, for example (I have a 21" sony),
85hz), it will not work until you drop the properties back to 60hz. This,of
course, sucketh for an external monitor, as it flickers to the point of
pain.

IBM said it was Microsoft's fault for not having a driver, MS said it was a
hardware issue with IBM. again, this is specific to win2k and the a20p - so,
the implication is that you might check the sync rate. lower it to 60 hz and
see if you see the whole screen. shrug.

FWIW

I don't watch externally, as a result. DVD's, etc.

If that has changed, I'll be happy to play with it

---
John L Clarke III			Information Security
joclarke@cisco.com			Cisco Systems, Inc
	D945 74BF 085B 80E6  3E94 FFFC 7A6A 0079