[ltp] Re: TV output on A20p

Dong Liu linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 30 May 2001 19:54:08 -0400

Alan Shutko wrote:

> Dong Liu <dliu@research.bell-labs.com> writes:
>

>>I tried xine, it's the same. Only the left half movie was shown.
>>
>>BTW I've updated to X 4.0.3. All works great, just this XVideo has problem.
>>

> What resolution/color depth are you using?

1600x1200/24bpp, and xvidtune reports that pixel clock 162MHZ, HSync freq 75KHz
and VSync freq 60Khz.

Here is another problem bugged me. At 24 bpp I can only have 1600x1200
resolution. I can have other resoultions such as 1024x768, 1280x1024 at 16bpp.
But at 16bpp, X server will freeze the whole system with a white screen
after serveral runs. When that happened I had to unplug AC and remove the
battery to turn off the machine.

BTW, even at 16bpp, xine shows only half the image.

Dong