[ltp] Audio not getting resources on TP600

Thomas Vogels linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
01 Nov 2001 18:55:50 -0500

"Peter Hutnick" <peter-lists@hutnick.com> writes:

> I have a TP600, and I am trying to install the Alsa (0.9.0beta8 with main tree
> kernel 2.4.12) driver for the CS4236.
>
> I think that the reason that the module won't load is that the card isn't being
> allocated resources.  pnpdump says:
>
> ~# pnpdump
> # Trying port address 03f3
> # No boards found
> ~#

yep, same here but sound works for me, even with alsa modules 0.4.1i.

> And here I'd expect to see sound on 5.
>
> /proc# cat interrupts

... only if the modules are loaded.  You should then also see the
ioports used...

# cat /proc/ioports |grep CS4
0300-0301 : CS4236+ - MPU-401
0388-038b : CS4236+ - FM
0530-0533 : CS4236+
0538-053f : CS4236+ - control

Make sure they aren't used by anything else (e.g. pcmcia)

> Or am I confused?

nay, your system is :-)  Check 'http://www.levien.com/tp600.html' for
all the fine values that you need to add to modules.conf (or
/etc/modutils/asound ?).

> Anyway, any and all help and advice is appricated.  Thanks!

  -tom