[ltp] ram

Guy Yasko linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
27 Nov 2001 21:46:25 +0900

    Boyan> On 27 Nov 2001, Guy Yasko wrote:

    >> i recently picked up a used thinkpad 560z.  i'm quite happy
    >> with it, but i'd really like to be able to put it into
    >> hibernation.  i've tried this with tpctl --H, but all i get is
    >> a message telling me that the 'smapi bios: system is
    >> incompatible' or something to that effect.

    Boyan> I get a similar message on my 600x. That error disappears
    Boyan> when I first do #cardctl suspend, and then tpctl --H.

    Boyan> Regards, Boyan

thank you.

it's odd, though.  i've taken the cards out first, and then issued the
tpctl --H command.  i'll certainly give it a
try, though.

sorry about the botched subject header.

much indebted,

g.y.

--
Guy Yasko -- gyasko@mx7.ttcn.ne.jp

I'm a nuclear submarine under the polar ice cap and I need a Kleenex!