[ltp] hibernation problems with tp560z

Vivek linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:43:34 +0000 (GMT)

On 28 Nov 2001, Guy Yasko wrote:

> yes, it certainly appears that way.  i borrowed a computer at work to
> make an msdos boot disk with the ibm ps2.exe.  i was able to hibernate
> after setting up the pm_hiber.bin file this way.  problem solved.
>
> i do wish one didn't have to resort to dos for this.  used computers
> don't always come with an o.s.  one would think that ibm could make
> this process a little easier.

For some models of TP you can download a (floppy) boot disk image from the
IBM website - you boot directly off the disk into a hibernation utility -
the only catch being that they've chosen to lock the image inside an MSDOS
executable (that won't run under dosemu)...

--
I think my memory is implemented as a dissociative array...