[ltp] Setting up to install RH on a new ThinkPad 600

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 23:14:07 +0100 (BST)

 --- Thomas J Vogels <tov@ece.cmu.edu> wrote:
> FWIW, I installed the X server (R3.?) from Precision Insight last week
> as I'm running Debian 2.2 on my TP600.  Works like a charm and comes
> with sample XF86Configs that work.  If you get error messages about 'no
> screens' thne you're running X11 R4.? and you can search this mailing
> list for how to fix XF86Config-4.  Don't forget to upload your
> successful XF86Config to the web :-)
>   -tom

How does this X server compare with xfree86?  Faster?  What
motivated you to choose Precision Insight's X server?

--
Thomas

=====
Linux on ThinkPad 600 page: http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/tp600lnx.htm