[ltp] 560X and serial port for modem problems

Shawn Koons linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:51:11 -0500

Okay, now I am more awake and I will explain some of what I have done in
an attempt to solve my problem.

"setserial /dev/ttyS0"  returns:

	ttyS0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 4

In an attempt to get this to work properly I enter:

	tpctl --rs1=0x03f8 --rs=irq4

This returns:

	tpctl: System error message is: No such file or directory
		tpctl: Can't open device file /dev/thinkpad/thinkpad with flags O_RDWR

I followed the install directions, and then made up the file
"/etc/modules.conf as written in README. Then I ran "depmod -a" as
instructed. I have double checked everything and believe I have followed
all instructions correctly, but then again "belief" and $1.25 will buy
you a cup of coffee:-)

What is wrong?
Should I restart the system (sorry, some old M$ thinking)?
Maybe I should use tpctl 2.5?

I hope this helps clarify the problem somewhat. If not, feel free to ask
for further information.

Thank you.

Shawn