[ltp] Status if lm_sensors problem?

Dr. Edmund Weitz linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
17 Oct 2001 10:11:14 +0200

Hi!

I wonder what the status of the lm_sensors problem is.

  - Do the reported problems also emerge with newer machines? (Mine is
    a T21, 2647-9AG.)

  - Are newer versions of the lm_sensors package (I currently use SuSE
    7.3 which comes with lm_sensors 2.6.0) also affected?

>From what I've read I guess that the answer to the second question
should be yes because it seems to be a problem with the hardware, not
with software.

Nevertheless, I'd like to get an update if possible. Is there an
offical IBM statement about the situation?

Thanks,
Edi.