[ltp] Dual headed displays?

Mark Beierl linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:25:49 -0400

Has anyone looked into or had any experience with using the LCD and an
external monitor on an A20m?  (or any thinkpad at that)  I can do it
using win98 on my a20, but I don't know what is being done at the
hardware level.  I know it's capable of driving 2 displays: LCD 1024x768
@ 16m colours and external 1600x1200 @ 16m colours (60 hz I believe),
which is awesome real-estate, but the lack of documentation in X about
dual heading is leaving me scratching my head wondering if X has come
this far yet or not.

Any info would be appreciated.  I hate it when those pesky windows users
go "yes, you have a reliable os, but I can do this and you can't..."

Regards,
Mark Beierl