[ltp] tpctl & thinkpad 3.0pre1

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 18:22:35 +0100 (BST)

tpctl can enable and disable the ir port and control its
resource settings.

It is better to use setpnp to control the settings, however,
since changes made using setpnp are nonvolatile.  You can use
tpctl to check that the hardware has been configured as you
have told the BIOS to configure it (using setpnp).

The surest way to configurate thing, of course, is using
IBM's PS2.EXE.  But to run that you have to boot DOS or
Wimpdows.

Thomas

=====
Linux on ThinkPad 600 page: http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/tp600lnx.htm