[ltp] thinkpad 310ED

Daniel W. Schar linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 09:55:04 -0700 (PDT)

hello
well, i have been goin threw my test of different setups on my thinkpad
310ed, seeing which distributions seem to work ok with it.  redhat 7.0 is
not a prob, though you need to very carefully tweek the XF86Config file,
which i have done unsucesfully a few times and fried stuff, haah...

mandrake 8.0 goes on very easily, and is easy to edit the XF86Config as
well, but i have been stumped gettin a modem to work on it as well as the
net card...

slackware, forget it, nightmare...could not get it to work on it using the
cd distribution of 8.0.  but i have an older version which is floppy based
that i cna put on anything, got it up and running, no X of coarse on an
old 486 toshiba laptop and a gateway as well...

so now im trying debian, and will give up after this and put redhat 7.0
back on it...if anyone has any sugestions as to a good distribution that
is not too heavy, and likes thinkpads, let me know...

dan

Daniel W. Schar
Dept of Biology (OBEE), UCLA
621 Charles Young Dr. South