[ltp] Debian on a 380D

Eadz linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 00:52:42 +1300

Hi, I'd just like to say after trying a few distros I am now happy with
debian. Mandrake was ok, but a bit too bloated and I want something that
boots up fast (this boots into X in one Minute), Instilation was a
breeze. Put in the boot floppies, it detected my network card (3com),
installed itself, then I just had to "apt-get install
task-x-window-system" and X installed itself. The Global Village
(Macintosh !!) PCMCIA modem works great. I have yet to get the sound
working, not sure if I should use OSS or ALSA . I installed SuSE
Before.. it took up 80% of my 2 gig drive and took minutes to boot up. I
think laptop owners shoud really consider debian for it's speed and
lightweightness. :-)

Eadz