[ltp] Couple questions

Adam M. Bodnar linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:05:50 -0500 (CDT)

Just some questions I have,

1st, is there any chance the archives will be updated...I hate to ask
questions that might have already been asked.

2nd, I have a thinkpad 600 and will be looking to upgrade the memory soon.

What I was wondering is what sort of memory people have used in theirs. I
mean, is it alright to use PC100 or PC133 in it?

The stuff is fairly cheap and costs about if not less than PC66 which I
know the thinkpad can use.

3rd, I think I remember seeing a post about getting sound to work on the
tp600 and someone mentioning a popping sound they got, but I didn't save
the message and since the archives aren't updated I can't check this.

Anyways, I got my sound to work with sndconfig, but everytime I play a wav
(haven't tried mp3s yet, will once I get the laptop on the network) I get
a popping sound at the beginning.

Is there a way to fix this?

And just for info, I've installed Mandrake 8.1 on my tp600 and haven't had
any problems cept making sure I put the acutal memory or I get a nice
kernel panic.

--
Adam M. Bodnar
Email: ambodnar@bigfoot.com

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.