[ltp] faxing via onboard modem in Thinkpad A22p?

Robert W March linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 11:56:56 -0400

linux-thinkpad@merctech.com wrote:

> Has anyone had success sending a fax via the built-in modem in an A22p
> (or any compatible ltmodem in a Thinkpad)? I'm using:
>         RedHat 7.1, 2.4.9
>         ltmodem-6.00a1
>         efax v0.9
> I can use the modem as a modem just fine, but faxing fails.
>
> Here's an excerpt from the dialog from efax:

            [snipped]

>         efax: 38:11 response "OK"
>         efax: 38:11 command  "+FCLASS=1"

I know that mgetty+sendfax does not support the Class 1 fax device. Only Class 2 and
2.0 are supported.  Regarding efax, I do not know.

I have been told that Class 1 is probably not generally supported in Linux and maybe
difficult to do.  I first ran into this issue with one of my desktop modems which
turned out to be a Class 1 only device.

-Robert

--
                   Robert W March