[ltp] more /dev/thinkpad

William Sherman -Visualization linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 15:21:20 -0500 (CDT)

> I may be totally wrong here (if so, please would someone correct me!),
> but as I understand it, tcptl is a useful way to configure the BIOS
> settings of the thinkpad while it is still running the OS. However, I
> believe that if you are happy to just reboot it, you can make the
> settings directly within the BIOS.

Thanks for the suggestion Richard.  Unfortunately though, I can't
seem to get that to work.  I booted to Windows and in the RUN box,
did: "ps2 SP Fixed Max", but I don't know how to verify that it
took effect in windows, and when I rebooted to Linux and examined
/proc/cpuinfo, I still get a paltry 91MHz as the reported CPU speed.

Hmmm, now that I think about it, I did power down between Windows
and Linux, would this have an effect?  I recall using either PS2
or tpctl a long time ago to enable a serial line, and that effect
has certainly lasted across powerdowns.

Is using PS2 what you had in mind when you suggested configuring
the BIOS?

BTW, should I be able to run PS2.EXE via dosemu or wine?

	Thanks,
	Bill