[ltp] Still having prob with X on 600X

Tue, 4 Sep 2001 23:28:54 -0400

> I have constant hangups and freezes sinceever I use my TP600x with Linux.
> Now since I upgraded I have a new and more violent one.
>
> Can anyone help me,

Maybe if I can get some more info...
Are you connected to a network?   Also what cpu speed does the kernel indicate
on boot?

Any nasty messages on the console if you can exit X gracefully?
(to test this try starting x via "xinit" and then quit out with
ctrl-alt-bkspc)  This will also help you to isolate the problem from KDE vs X.
More than likely this is a KDE issue.

Does the lock up occur imeadiately? Or do you have to fiddle a while with the
gui before it occurs?  Have you installed tpctl & read it's docs?