[ltp] Sound on Thinkpad 390

billy ball linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 18:07:39 -0400 (EDT)

i've asked the list about a 390X too... no response... the commercial OSS
drivers were broken the last time i tried... i think ALSA might work, but
with recent changes in the 2.4-series kernel (i think i had sound working
with ALSA, but can't remember what kernel, etc.)

<sigh> too little time to play with it now... my 390X now silently serves
24/7 as a wireless access point (using a D-Link DWL-650)... using an old
laptop for a server is great, as it has a built-in UPS...

:-)