[ltp] Sound on Thinkpad 390

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 10:13:02 -0400

Alsa works fine on the 2.4.x series kernels. 0.5.11 is the latest release
that is listed as "stable" and seems to work fine for me. MUCH better sound
quality and general utility than OSS. I'd only consider OSS as a fallback in
the case where a particular sound card lacks ALSA support or something like
that. I really don't understand why OSS lives on personally...