[ltp] Sound on Thinkpad 390

Tom Grydeland linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 13:09:11 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Sven Becher wrote:

> Hi there,
> since some time I have a Thinkpad 390 (2626-2GE). As far as I know it
> has got an Neomagic256 Soundchip. Unfortunatly I do not get any sound
> out of it. Does anyone have an idea which driver to use and how to
> configure it?

As far as I know, Neomagic is most likely your screen card, not a sound
card at all.

Using the command 'lspci', you should be given a list of devices
attached to your PCI bus(es) as well as their type (or class) and
manufacturer.

You might also find information on the components of your laptop from
the IBM website, although searching for information there can be
strenous. :-/

> Sven

Best of luck,

--
//Tom Grydeland <Tom.Grydeland@phys.uit.no>

	"you cannot perceive beauty but with a serene mind." -- H. D. Thoreau