[ltp] t22 w/ rh 7.1 + xwindows = no vts?!

steve rader linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 21:01:06 -0500

I just put RedHat 7.1 on my T22 and updated XFree86 to 4.1.0
and now have a beautiful laptop with a 1400x1050 16 bpp display.

However, after starting X, I can not change virtual terminals:
the display kicks over to text mode, but there's either a blank
screen or vertical bars about 30 pixels wide.  I know there's
a mingetty that hears the keyboard because I can login "blind"
and see the login with "w" back in Xwindows (vt 7.)

Anyone have any ideas?  The grapics are

 (--) SAVAGE(0): Chip: id 8c12, "Savage/IX-MV"

steve
- - -
systems & network guy
high energy physics