[ltp] Problems installing Linux on ThinkPad i1300

Madhusudan Singh linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 00:59:15 -0400 (EDT)

I just tried to install Linux on an IBM ThinkPad i1300. I am trying to
install RH linux 7.1.

The system is new and I have not even tried to boot into windows. I am
booting off the Linux CD #1.

The processor is a Celeron and there is no floppy drive.
It gives a message - no floppy drive (type 15) (usb ?) or something like
that.

The system just hangs after "running /sbin/loader".

How do I get it working ?

Thanks.

PS : When I tried to install Debian, it allowed me to partition the HD but
then I found that the kernel version on the official CD's 2.2. I prefer
Redhat anyways.