[ltp] A21m lucent modem problems

Michael James linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 13:29:14 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, I've recently installed ltmodem v 5.78 on a Slackware 8.0 system,
Thinkpad A21m, kernel 2.2.19 - Lucent winmodem.

The drivers seem to work fine, I can use my modem fine it seems.  I am
able to dialin, but when using dip I set "mode PPP" and my modem hangs up.
Looking at my syslog, I'm told that PPP is not supported in my kernel, so
I recompiled yesterday with PPP support enabled, but still I get the same
problem.

Also the same message is sent to syslog when I try to use pppsetup.

Anyone had similar problems and can help me with the workaround?  I'd
appreciate it, thanks.

	Michael James
	http://weather.ou.edu/~mjames/a21m.html

 Michael R. James
 Oklahoma Climatological Survey - Mesonet Operator

   [WWW]:  http://weather.ou.edu/~mjames
 [PHONE]:  (405) 325-3231
 [EMAIL]:  mjames@weather.ou.edu