[ltp] A20p hibernate/resume X freeze [solved?]

Vivek linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:49:50 +0100 (BST)

I think I've solved it: I altered the apm scripts to rmmod the eepro100
module before hibernating and insert it after resuming [it used to just
ifconfig the interface down and up], and the laptop just came back, with GDM
in control of the display, after hibernating overnight. Hopefully this
wasn't an ill-timed fluke, and the problem is now solved.

I'm not sure why X triggered the freeze, though - does gdm do network-y
things by default? - No, that can't be it, [I think] it froze once when
I'd hibernated w/o logging out first... Oh well... weirdness abounds...

--
"Am I missing something else? The same configuration is working fine elsewhere
(albeit with a different OS, computer and network)..."