[ltp] sound on 600E

Wed, 19 Sep 2001 00:05:53 -0700 (PDT)

On 18-Sep-01 Robert Virding wrote:
> Till.Straumann@TU-Berlin.de writes:
>>
>>I'm successfully using the OSS drivers coming with the kernel
>>on my 600E. See my tiny-howto + patch which gives you APM support.
>>
>>http://www-hft.ee.tu-berlin.de/~strauman/cs4239-oss/
>=20
> Does this patch work with 2.4 kernels?  Is it still needed?

I still run 2.2. I had a quick look at the relevant 2.4 source
file and it seems that 2.4. _does_ implement power management :-)
for the driver in question.
I.e. the patch is _not_ needed for 2.4 kernels regarding the power
management issue (the most complex stuff).

Note however, that parts of the patch still might be useful, as
it also fixes some mixer related issues (see the cited webpage
for details)

-- Till

--=20
   "The only real number is one, the rest are mere repetition."
                                             Vladimir Nabokov.