[ltp] Thinkpad A20p hibernate/resume -> freeze

Vivek linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:53:07 +0100 (BST)

Previous reports of my having solved this problem by rmmod'ing the eepro100
driver before hibernation were greatly exaggerated. I would now like to take
this oportunity to swear, loudly and at length, to give vent to my feelings.

Anyway, a recap for anyone who didn't see this before:

  A20p, linux 2.4.3->2.4.9, Xfree86 4.0.3 and 4.1.0:

  hibernate for > 4 hours -> resume:

    If I hibernated from X, it usually locks up as soon as the display is
    restored, (before the mouse pointer reappears).  If I switched to the
    console first, it comes back to life Ok,  and I can switch back to X,
    but the next time I exit X it locks up.  [ The 4 hour limit has been
    found empirically,  I'm still working my way through a binary search
    to figure out where the real limit is... ]

    CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is on, manually removing the sound drivers to make
    sure they're gone does not appear to help,  removing the eepro100 driver
    improves things a little  [ no rigorous analysis here,  but it does come
    back to life sometimes ].

--
No good deed goes unpunished.