[ltp] Supported Devices

Shane Broomhall linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 19:33:17 +1000

Hi All,

I am currently having my A20M upgraded with a Larger HD 30G and 512 M of ram
before I put Linux  back on it.  I am toying with Either Red hat, Suse, or
Mandrake.  I have put Red hat and Mandrake on it before an it detected all
my hardware except the Winmodem.

I am hoping that those on the list can answer the following questions for
me.

I have 2 CD Burners I would like to know if any of them can be made to work
with Linux.  I have a FireWire PCMCIA card connected to an eternal Maxtor 40
GB drive that I use for backups.

I was hoping that you might be able to suggest a decent if available PCMCIA
Linux supported Modem, or Modem/10-100 network card combo,  If you know how
to get PCMCIA HP CD-Writer PLUS M820, CD Burners, or a USB Iomega ZIP CD 650
CD Burner, working with Linux.  I was also wondering if Fire Wire PCMCIA
devices are yet supported.

Thanks in advance

Shane Broomhall

Brisbane Australia