[ltp] A21m - apm problem

Will McDonald linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 09:50:35 -0500

Try tpctl. I think that you may be able to set it to not wake up one AC. I
know I found it useful not to always 'standy' my computer when I closed the
lid - especially when standby would interrupt a suspend in progress, and keep
it from going low power!

-will

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Tom Allison wrote:
> Debian -testing
> Kernel 2.4.9
>
> I have problems with apm suspension.
>
> I remove the pcmcia card (Wireless LAN)
> I manually suspend the computer.
> Close the lid.
> Plug in the power cord - computer wakes up!
>
> At this point I am unable to do anything on the computer - the screen is
> *very* dark and the keyboard is locked (can't even get numlock lights to
> flash).  No recourse but to power off and restart.
>
> I'm going to assume that this is a problem with the APM configuration
> that I've compiled into the kernel.  But I'm hoping I can find someone
> who has been down this road before.

---------Will McDonald-----------------will@upl.cs.wisc.edu---------
"Less Secure: 'Open source' means that anyone can get a copy of the source
code.  Developers can find security weaknesses very easily with Linux.  The
same is not true with Microsoft Windows." - Microsoft, February 2001