[ltp] Arrgghhh. Sound Problems Now...

Markus Alt linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 19:44:25 +0200

Paul R Streitman wrote:

> Go to a higher-level (like 2.4.9-ac..) kernel and use the cs461x support.
> It works well in my T21 (which has the same sound chipset) and does not
> require you to turn off PCI bus power management in the bios.  Perhaps
> others in this list will disagree, but I think that you should build your
> own kernel anyway so that you can control things like APM settings.

I agree with Paul that you don't need to turn off PCI bus power
management in the BIOS. I use ALSA (0.5.10) as modules for sound support
and have the following line in /etc/modules.conf:

  options snd-card-cs461x snd_id=card1 snd_index=0 snd_thinkpad=1

The last option works around the former PCI bus power problems.

Markus

--
Markus Alt
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany