[ltp] a31p video support?

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 11:06:10 -0500

On Tuesday 02 April 2002 19:57, Rob Mayoff wrote:
> Does anyone know if XFree86 supports the FireGL chipset in the A31p?  I
> see some XFree86 drivers for various FireGL cards at ati.com, but it's
> not clear that any of them support the Mobility FireGL.
>
> (I have one day left on my A30p's 30-day return policy...)

ATI's drivers are all written by 3rd party OSS developers. You would be best
off talking to the XFree people about what drivers are available for what
hardware, ATI just provides specs. The same is true for OpenGL/DRI support,
its all done by 3rd party developers, at best all ATI can tell you is that
they have been told that a driver exists. My experience is that the ATI site
is totally out of date, but there are links there to where you need to go to
get some answers.