[ltp] self-made external battery for laptops project

Bart-Jan Vrielink linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
19 Apr 2002 11:47:52 +0200

On Fri, 2002-04-19 at 11:31, peter nol wrote:
> How about the battery contacts? anyone tried connecting non-standard
> batteries to them? I searched the list and didn't find anything, but then
> again i might have missed it. My apologies in that case.

There are 4 contacts for the battery. Two of them are a bit larger and
are probably +10.8V and ground, but what about the other two contacts ??
I believe they are for the battery charge sensor (you know, that device
that makes your batterycharge drop from 85% to 5% within seconds). What
do you do with those two contacts ?? Does the BIOS think that the
battery is empty (and goes to hibernate) without something attached to
those contacts ?

--
Tot ziens,

Bart-Jan