[ltp] Serial Ports on A22p

Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:32:27 -0400

I'm running RH7.2 (KRUD really) on an A22p.  All is good, and has been
good.  The power management related lockups are annoying and TightVNC seems
to lock the whole machine, hard.

My problem today is with serial ports.

"setserial -g /dev/ttyS*" shows the following

/dev/ttyS0, UART: Unknown, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 4
/dev/ttyS1, UART: Unknown, Port: 0x02f8, IRQ: 3

"stty -F /dev/ttyS1 -a" shows the following

stty: /dev/ttyS1: Input/output error.

I assume my serial ports are not on standard IRQs and Ports, but the driver
thinks they are.  I have never needed to use the modem, IRDA or serial
ports on this machine since I started running Linux full time on it.

I'm trying to sync my Kyocera SmartPhone via the serial port on the back of
the machine.

I guess my question is, are my assumptions correct, and if so, how to I
move these serial ports around or find out where they are so I can adjust
the drivers.

Thanks

-JeffR