[ltp] Mandrake 8.2 on a Thinkpad R30

ZeiMoT linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 07:23:23 +0200 (MEST)

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Richard Neill wrote:
> rate, all you need to do is check that you DON'T install the lm_sensors
> nor glms packages. I recently installed Mdk 8.2 - Mandrake are aware of
> this and as a result,  lm_sensors is not installed by default.

Great news that Mandrake is aware of the thinkpad eprom issue.
Thank you for all the help.

> As for the hidden partition, Lilo/Grub will sort it out. However, it's
> not much use, as if you run it, it will reformat your entire drive back
> to factory settings. And it's a waste of space :-)  (You can always
> order a recovery CD from IBM if you want one). The other thing is, I

Doesn't that recovery CD do the same thing then? Wipe out the entire
drive? I would preferred if all those recovery-CD:s that is used by
various hardware distributors had en 'expert'-mode within them so that the
install could be customized.

> P.S. One last recommendation - Mandrake 8.2 comes with Mozilla 0.97. You
> can get the latest one (RC1.0) , packaged up for Mandrake via the ftp
> mirrors, from the 'Cooker' branch. But, you will save yourself some
> hassle with dependencies if you don't install Mozilla at all from the
> cdroms.

I'll keep that in mind, Thanks,

  -=< ZeiMoT >=-

    /              zeimot@astrakan.hig.se               \