[ltp] refresh rate

Phil R Lawrence linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:45:33 -0400

I really like linux since I put it on my laptop ( BTW thanks for the kern=
el=20
info -- still working in that one).  So I installed on my PC.  (This post=
=20
might be off-topic except for the fact that I'll also need to know this t=
o=20
correctly pipe my X20 into a CRT...)

Hello, migraine!  What a crappy refresh rate!  Admittedly I sit above a l=
oad=20
stone...  Normally I run XP at 100Hz refresh rate to avoid nasea.

OK, I've been through google.  I even found an answer posted by a younger=
=20
version of myself...  seems I've been through this before. :-)  My "solut=
ion"=20
included the use of kvideogen.

I tried videogen this time around, but the problem is I have no idea what=
=20
values to use for the required parameters.  Maximum video card dot rate,=20
minimum sync rate...  <obviously from memory>.  Gateway's website didn't=20
include the required info in their documentation for my VX900, and the=20
XF86Config.0.log didn't record all of the video card info from probing=20
either.

For pity's sake, doesn't anyone display linux above 85Hz?  It was two yea=
rs=20
ago I gave up trying linux for this very reason (it's all coming back to =
me=20
now). =20

Phil