[ltp] T23, RedHat 7.3, and XFree86

Mitch Pirtle linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 11:12:21 +0200

On Monday 05 August 2002 10:30, Mark Phillips wrote:
> I've had the same problem viewing MPEG movies on a T23 and finally
> solved it (Thanks to Adam Benjamin who documented the same sort of
> problem on a T770E on this list in June last year)
>
> Turns out the T23 wasn't happy with the hardware  acceleration being
> attempted by SDL.  Adding the following environment variable before
> starting the mpeg player, sorted it...
>
> SDL_VIDEO_YUV_HWACCEL=3D0

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately, it doesn't solve my problem (tri=
ed it=20
with mplayer, kaboodle & xine).  I also tried to turn off hw acceleration=
 in=20
X) via 'Option "no_accel"' in XF86Config.  No dice.

One thing that does work, however, is using mplayer with the '-vo x11' sw=
itch. =20
This lets me see video - but I cannot scale the window.  Hrmph.  -fs simp=
ly=20
gives me a black screen with the video in the center, at original size, w=
hich=20
is not nice on a hi-res laptop!

Anyone out there with ideas?

Mark Phillips - what player were you using, and did it work fully?

--

Mitch Pirtle
Now needing a magnifying glass to watch the Muppets