[ltp] T23, RedHat 7.3, and XFree86

Chris Walter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
05 Aug 2002 11:05:09 -0400

Mitch Pirtle <mitch.pirtle@kuehne-nagel.com> writes:

> Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately, it doesn't solve my problem (tried it
> with mplayer, kaboodle & xine).  I also tried to turn off hw acceleration in
> X) via 'Option "no_accel"' in XF86Config.  No dice.
>
> One thing that does work, however, is using mplayer with the '-vo x11' switch.
> This lets me see video - but I cannot scale the window.  Hrmph.  -fs simply
> gives me a black screen with the video in the center, at original size, which
> is not nice on a hi-res laptop!
>
> Anyone out there with ideas?

As I recall some of the problems can be solved by switching your color
depth.  I don't remember if 16 bits or 24 bits causes the problem but
try switching from 24 to 16 or vice-versa and see if that fixes it.
I was having the same problems as you described when I needed to use
mplayer for something and that fixed it for me.

If it does fix it look at the latest S3 release from Tim roberts I
think I saw a note about fixing some color depth problems.

-Chris